Saturday 15 August 2015

More Poster Concept Developments

Looking at a plain sans serif font.
Looking at a handwritten-looking font.
I like this one better as it feels more like a voice.



'Paint peeling off wall' background.
I like this one better as it looks more grungy and unkempt.
'Wet' background.

White text.
I prefer white as it complements and contrasts the darkness of the photograph.
Black text.
Looking at a plain sans serif font.
I prefer the other font as it feels like more of a sarcastic voice.
I increased the size of the text so that it wasn't fighting for dominance with the image.
I found this font on the Massey Server that could work for this poster, but I think I still prefer the other one I have been using.

Critique:
I asked my friends and family which of my five concepts for my first poster they liked best. It was a very unanimous decision that my fifth concept (the one with the figure in the bottom left corner and the wet background) was the best, so I have decided to use this as my final poster.


Looking at the headline and tagline.
I tried to fit all of text into the shape of the house.
I don't know if I like this as it feels too heavy in the centre of the poster.
Putting the tagline at the bottom of the poster - this feels much more balanced.
I found this font on the Massey Server that could work for this poster, but I think I still prefer the other one I have been using.

No comments:

Post a Comment