Saturday 15 August 2015

New Techniques: Painting on Photos

I had the idea to enhance the Ihi and Wehi of my work by physically manipulating it. In the case of my damp homes poster idea I thought this might allow me to create the shape of a house that is more easily seen than drawing in condensation. The way I thought I could do this is by printing out one of my photographs of condensation and painting a house on it before re-photographing it.



Shae Acopian Detar

"LA based artist Shae Acopian Detar has lately focused her aesthetic on film and digital photography with a reputation for her whimsical hand painted photos and antique processing."

http://www.holyholyfashion.com/2012/10/photography-paintings-by-shae-acopian.html



Gerhard Richter:

"Gerhard Richter is known for a prolific and stylistically varied exploration of the medium of painting, often incorporating and exploring the visual effects of photography. “I like everything that has no style: dictionaries, photographs, nature, myself and my paintings,” he says. “Because style is violent, and I am not violent.” Richter introduced abstraction into his practice, and he has continued to move freely between figuration and abstraction, producing geometric “Colour Charts”, bold, gestural abstractions, and “Photo Paintings” of anything from nudes, flowers, and cars to landscapes, architecture, and scenes from Nazi history."









No comments:

Post a Comment